Through local rescue support, outreach, super adoption events and an expanding foster network, the Sanctuary is working to make a difference for animals and the people who care for them.
Every year, over 7 million animals enter shelters across the country. For senior pets, their residence in a caged environment remains four times longer than their younger counterparts. The Senior Paw Project works to keep these special animals out of the shelter and in the loving homes they deserve. Honoring the bond between caregivers and their pets, the Senior Paw Project steps in to assist senior pet owners and their animals when that relationship is in jeopardy by providing:
- Support for veterinary care, medicine, supplies and food to senior owners and their pets
- Pet food and supplies to food pantries and individuals struggling to feed their pets
- Foster network to give senior animals temporary and loving homes until permanent placement
- Adoption fee reimbursement for adopting senior pets from shelters
- Foster forums and training workshops at senior centers
- Food, supplies and transportation support to active senior citizen fosters
For upcoming informational sessions on the Senior Paw Project please visit our events calendar.