Hosting a Stand
Hosting a Stand
To hold your own Catherine’s Cups of Kindness stand, simply order a kit and we’ll send you an all the supplies and information needed to set up and host your own stand.
When you’re done, send the donation amount in to the Sanctuary either by mailing a check for the amount you’ve raised addressed to the Catherine Violet Hubbard Foundation, PO Box 3571, Newtown, CT 06470, or by making the donation via credit card on our website.
The Kit: What's Included
Catherine’s Cups of Kindness Kits contain everything you will need for your stand. To ensure this, we turned to the kids and asked, “what would you need to host a stand?”
The kit includes:
- Cups- 50 per kit
- Cups of Kindness Poster
- Cups of Kindness Flyers
- Stickers – for the cups, friends, or handmade advertising
- Tattoos to give away
- Special T-Shirt (you supply a plain T-shirt and we’ll send you two iron-on stamps to make it festive)
- Donation Box (upcycle your shipping box and use it for donations)
Once you receive your kit, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Open the box
But save it for later – you can transform it into an awesome donation box for the stand. Now go ahead and check out all the super-cool stuff inside!
- Decide on the details
Determine when and where you’ll be holding your stand, and what you’ll serve –lemonade, cider, hot chocolate – Part of the beauty of Catherine’s Cups for Kindness is that what you serve is entirely up to you!
- Get the word out
Customize the flyers for your stand and post them around town. Ask restaurant and shop owners if they would be willing to display the flyers in their windows or help out in other ways, such as donating food! While you’re at it, remember to hand out flyers to friends and family as well.
- Set up and decorate
Decorate the box that you received in the mail to use as your donation box. Display your sign and feel free to add your own posters. Prepare your food and drinks and set up a table and chairs.
- Don’t forget the animals!
In order to stay true to Catherine’s love of all creatures, remember to have water or dog treats available to offer pets that might be out walking with their owners.
- Have fun on the big day
- Everything is donation based – tell your customers to give what they can to help the Sanctuary
- Make sure to offer a handout about the Foundation to everyone who stops by
- Don’t get discouraged if people don’t show up at first. It might take a little while, but if you stay determined and be kind to everyone who walks by, things will pick up.
- Take pictures and selfies! We’d love to see the awesomeness of your stand!
- Count up the money
When the day is done, count up all the money you’ve made for the Catherine Violet Hubbard Animal Sanctuary.
- Send in your donations
When you’re done counting, send the donation amount in to the Sanctuary either by mailing a check for the amount you’ve raised addressed to the Catherine Violet Hubbard Foundation, PO Box 3571, Newtown, CT 06470, or by making the donation via credit card on our website. 100% of your contribution will support the Animal Sanctuary’s mission of enriching the lives of all living creatures by promoting compassion and acceptance.
Thank you for all your help. We can’t wait to see the kindness that you’ll be spreading through your stand!