Since our inception in 2013, the Catherine Violet Hubbard Foundation has continued to make significant progress towards building a place that will reflect Catherine’s kindness and compassion. We’ve crossed some significant milestones off our list and are looking forward to the exciting road ahead.
- Fifth Annual Catherine’s Butterfly Party celebrated in Newtown, CT
- 63 animals found forever homes with over 6,000 people enjoying all the day’s events and activities
- Preliminary site work at the sanctuary property begins on required retaining wall. Structure will be transformed into a 12,000 sq. foot native “Butterfly Garden,” providing crucial food and migration space for butterfly species and pollinators.
- Second Annual Gala
- Dr. Jane Goodall receives inaugural Catherine Violet Hubbard Kindness Award
- Fifth Annual CVH Memorial Golf Tournament
- Launched sanctuary programming at memory care facility. Pilot program at Maplewood, Bethel, CT
- Fourth Annual Catherine’s Butterfly Party celebrated in Newtown, CT
- 77 animals found forever homes with over 5,000 people enjoying all the day’s events and activities
First Inaugural Gala
Catherine’s Pledge Campaign – #Catherinespledge Kicked off on World Kindness Day
Building Approvals Granted by Newtown Planning & Zoning
CVH Sanctuary Bookworms Launched
Lisa Dickal, state licensed wildlife rehabilitator joins CVH in volunteering her time and expertise to help the Sanctuary
Fourth Annual CVH Memorial Golf Tournament
- Third Annual Catherine’s Butterfly Party celebrated in Newtown, CT
- 55 animals found forever homes with approximately 3,000 people enjoying all the day’s events and activities
- Inland Wetlands Application Approved
Rescue Rebuild Phase II – completed barn restoration and built all paddock fencing with the help of 300 volunteers.
CVH Animal Sanctuary launches in-school programming with the Newtown Public School System to provide Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) programming to support the district’s transition to the Next Generation Science Standards. Professional Education Consultant, Henryk Teraszkiewicz provides programs based upon the monthly “Sunday at the Sanctuary” program themes and created to meet the specific curriculum needs of corresponding elementary school grades.
- Matt & Jenny receive the Animal Champions Tribute Award from the Helen Woodward Animal Center.
- Foundation honored at Westfair Communications Online Family Owned Business Awards.
Matt, Jenny & Freddy present ASPCA Dog of the Year to Ruthie
- Sanctuary included in release of Susie’s Senior Dogs by Erin Stanton.
- Inaugural Senior Paw Dog Adopted
- Invasive Plant Removal at Sanctuary Kicks Off
- First Butterfly Garden Installed at Pavilion
- Third Annual CVH Memorial Golf Tournament
Catherine’s Butterfly Party Celebrated in Newtown, CT
Rescue Rebuild from the Greater Good completed phase I of the barn restoration
Launched Senior Paw Program
Sanctuary featured in Tracey Stewart’s, Moomah Magazine! In addition to sharing the story of the Sanctuary, their wonderful team created custom crafts for us through their Make Nice Mission.
Kicked Off Monthly Educational Workshops
Second Annual CVH Memorial Golf Tournament
- Catherine’s Butterfly Party Celebrated in Newtown, CT
- Catherine’s Cups of Kindness launched
- Pavilion Sculpture installed at the CVH Animal Sanctuary
- CVH Foundation website re-launch
Initial Site surveys complete and Phase One elevations completed
CVH Animal Sanctuary Children’s Advisory Board Inaugurated
- Jenny attends Best Friends Animal Sanctuary “How to Start and Run an Animal Sanctuary” Workshop in Kanab, Utah
- Newberry Medalist writer Katherine Applegate publishes Ivan: The Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla, donating a portion of the proceeds to the Catherine Violet Hubbard Foundation, Inc.
- Shelter Medicine scholarship established in Catherine’s memory at Cornell Veterinary Medical School, Ithaca, NY.
- Four inaugural scholarships awarded
- New Canaan girl hosts Lemonade Stand and raises over $7,000 to benefit CVH Animal Sanctuary
First Annual CVH Memorial Golf Tournament
CT Governor Dannel P Malloy signs HB 5359 into law. The Catherine Violet Hubbard Animal Sanctuary has a home.
CT State House of Representatives and Senate unanimously approve HB 5359- an act to convey 34 acres of CT State farmland to the Catherine Violet Hubbard Foundation, Inc.
Matt and Jenny testify in CT Legislative Committee Session requesting support of CT State land transfer to CVH Foundation, Inc.
CVH Animal Sanctuary featured on CBS Evening News
Catherine awarded posthumous ASPCA Kid of the Year
Initial project renderings completed by P|H Architects
- Nascar Whelen Modified Tour includes CVH Animal Sanctuary in its Charities of Champions
- Matt and Jenny meet Jane Goodall
- CVH Foundation, Inc.® recognized as a 501(c)3
- CVH Foundation announces plans to create the Catherine Violet Hubbard Animal Sanctuary®